installation

Moderator: Germes

installation

Postby castercorey » 22 Feb 2012, 21:55

Hello,

I recently bought the PIP multimedia video interface for my 2005 BMW 645. The directions in your download section was unclear to me on where to connect the av1, av2, av3, safe, & navi-sel wires. Where do these wires go? :?:
castercorey

Re: installation

Postby MrTinkertrain » 23 Feb 2012, 11:34

These video interfaces are universal functional units that are targeted to the needs of different users and installers.
The presence of different wires does not mean that they suppose to be necessarily connected in each case.

Below you can find purpose of the wires you have asked for
  • AV1-SEL - 12Volt power comes out from wire by AV1 mode – MAXIMUM power available is 500 mA!!!!!
  • AV2-SEL - 12Volt power comes out from wire by AV2 mode – MAXIMUM power available is 500 mA!!!!!
  • AV3-SEL - 12Volt power comes out from wire by AV3 mode – MAXIMUM power available is 500 mA!!!!!
  • NAVI-SEL - 12Volt power comes out from wire by NAVI mode – MAXIMUM power available is 500 mA!!!!!
  • SAFE - connect to GND (power wires or to car chassis) for enable picture in motion (picture from video interface)
MrTinkertrain
Administrator

Re: installation

Postby castercorey » 23 Feb 2012, 15:57

Thank you so much Mr. Tinkertrain! I thought that was the case but I just wanted to make sure. So basically these wires are use for addition peripherals like a 3rd party navigation unit hooks up to Navi-sel and like wise for av1, 2, and so on.
castercorey

Return to Video Interfaces for BMW