Delay on GPS

CS9200/CS9200RV navigation box with video input for OEM and aftermarket monitors.

Moderator: Germes

Delay on GPS

Postby Esteb » 08 Jan 2016, 18:22

Hi

I have an 9200 navigation box, and I guess I have two problems with GPS.

1) It takes so much time to get GPS signal on startup, from 5 up to 20 minutes.

2) When the connection finally happens, and GPS start to navigate, have a delay that represent one entire block, driving at normal speed like 40 km/h.

I tried with Garmin XT and Igo Primo, I suposse it's not a GPS software's problem, it's a system's problem.

The gps antenna is on top under a plastic cover behind the windshield, attached to a plastic base, nonmetallic, it's ok?

Maybe a firmware update can solve this problem??

Another issue, I can't remember the code of settings, I tried 7777 but it's not. How I can reset this??

Thank you!!
Esteb

Car: VW Amarok

Re: Delay on GPS

Postby Yuretz » 11 Jan 2016, 12:23

Hello.
It seems that the problem is in GPS antenna. In this case, please try to find another GPS antenna for testing.
As for code: try updating FW - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/712 ... _v20.0.zip . In the archive you will find txt file with update procedure .
Yuretz
CarSolutions Team

Car: Fast as the wind

Postby Esteb » 12 Jan 2016, 05:49

Ok thanks!!

I'll try another antenna.

But to recovery password, I have to update firmware from menu, with the .bin file? Or do the SD Card 1 & SD Card 2 method?

Thanks!!
Esteb

Postby Yuretz » 12 Jan 2016, 15:43

But to recovery password, I have to update firmware from menu, with the .bin file? Or do the SD Card 1 & SD Card 2 method?

You don't need to update FW(*.bin), just try updating OS (D Card 1 & SD Card 2 ) .
Yuretz
CarSolutions Team

Postby Esteb » 13 Jan 2016, 02:12

Ah ok!!

Just another question, I have to re-setup all system?? Boot Logo 1 & 2, Screen resolution, etc. etc. etc.? Or it only update the OS without change any previous setup?
Tell you something, the system works perfect, only gps antenna has delay, but it's another problem. I want to get back de code password to correct brightness, contraste, and staff like this, it's not so important, I don't want to screw it up updating OS.
For the record, I have installed the 9200 trough a multimedia video interface from you on a VW RCD-510.

thanks!!
Esteb

Postby Yuretz » 13 Jan 2016, 17:01

Actually, I don't know even how to change the code in these boxes. All CS9200 boxes which we sell have the same code 7777 .
As for update: after you've updated OS with SD card 1 and 2, resolution and touch settings shouldn't reset.
Yuretz
CarSolutions Team

Postby Esteb » 14 Jan 2016, 04:35

Perfect!! thanks!!

I've updated and code was reset fine. Now I can access all setup.

The other problem, delayed gps signal, today was so bad, too much time to get signal, and bad accuracy, about one block (not always is that way)

But, I can tell you that after upgraded, the navi software got more sattellites. Let's check tomorrow on road.

Thank you so much!! Later will see the another problem.
Esteb

Postby Yuretz » 14 Jan 2016, 15:55

You're welcome. Feel free to ask if you have any other questions.
Yuretz
CarSolutions Team

Postby Esteb » 20 Jan 2016, 18:27

Delay on GPS solved!!!

Was the antenna, some contact problem, maybe cable is making false contact or something.

Now when software starts, inmediately has gps signal, no delay at all.

Thanks!!
Esteb

Return to CS9200 Navigation Box