Garmin HUD

Navigation box for OEM car monitors and aftermarket multimedia receivers. Operates on Android 4.1.1 platform. Uses GPS and GLONASS systems.

Moderator: Germes

Garmin HUD

Postby iv0 » 31 Jan 2016, 10:21

I am trying to use the Garmin HUD together with CS9320:
https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/on-the- ... 34348.html
It is an additional display that projects navigation instructions on the windscreen, that is connected with an Android device using bluetooth. The Android device has to use Navigon software (by the way, very good navigation software for Europe).

I am able to pair the HUD with CS9320 using AnwSdkSample without any issues. Navigon installed correctly. When I try to connect the Navigon software to the HUD, it asks me if I want to enable bluetooth, because bluetooth is disabled. When I click Yes, I get a system message that an application wanted to enable bluetooth, if I want to allow it. I click Yes and then a system message appears Bluetooth is turning on... and this message is displayed for more than 10 minutes (I didn't wait longer).

Can you please explain, if the A&W bluetooth stack is capable of making the bluetooth device somehow available to an application (Navigon)? I'd there a manual fit the AnwSdkSample application?

Or maybe it would be sufficient to force Navigon or Android software to understand, that bluetooth is on, and then the Navigon application would be able to find the paired HUD device?

I am not using bluetooth for anything else (i.e. handsfree), therefore it might be an option to use another ROM with stock Android bluetooth stack, do you know if such ROM is be available?

Please help, it is an interesting combination that I would like to make work.

Thank you.
iv0

Car: Honda Civic

Re: Garmin HUD

Postby Yuretz » 02 Feb 2016, 15:49

Hello.
Bluetooth on CS9320 with Android 4.1.1 works only in handsfree. On Android 4.3 FW developers have plans to add native bluetooth support without additional app https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/834 ... update.zip .
Yuretz
CarSolutions Team

Car: Fast as the wind

Postby iv0 » 13 Feb 2016, 01:32

Hi,

today I have successfully upgraded to the 4.3 version. AnwSdkSample application is present, but seems to be non functional now (this is probably fine, in case the app is not supposed to work anymore).

Unfortunately I cannot find the bluetooth option in the system settings.
How can I turn on the bluetooth now?
How can I pair the HUD device?

Thanks.
iv0

Postby iv0 » 13 Feb 2016, 12:39

In the end it was much simpler than I thought. Navigon simply connects to the HUD automatically.

Perfect, thank you very much. Everything works as it should.
iv0

Postby iv0 » 18 Feb 2016, 21:41

Hi, I am not able to solve a last issue. I have to connect the HUD every boot. The Bluetooth is turned on, but I cannot force it to auto connect. Do you have any idea how to force the Android 4.3 to connect automatically?
iv0

Postby iv0 » 02 Jul 2016, 23:00

Solution was quite simple, it was a faulty version of Navigon, upgrading to a newer version solved the issue. I made a simple video that shows the speed of 9320, how it works with Kenwood and Garmin HUD:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tSJWMznO7M
iv0

Return to CS9320 Navigation Box on Android